Medical and Dental Hypnotherapy
Lakeside Hypnotherapy - Specializing in Eliminating Fears & Phobias or Old Trauma
RSS

Recent Posts

Medical and Dental Hypnotherapy

Categories

Blog
powered by

My Blog

Medical and Dental Hypnotherapy

I must admit, I do enjoy working with medical or dental cases. Earlier this year, a mom brought her eight-year old son to see me after her doctors and surgeons told her there was nothing they could do. Again, my favourite thing to hear.

Young KM has something http://dbpedia.org/page/Visual_looming_syndrome describes as "Visual looming syndrome is a problem with visual perception that causes people to inaccurately think that a stationary object is moving towards them, and might poke their eyes."
This condition was first noticed in KM when he was only 18 months old. KM spent a lot of his time cupping his hand(s) over his eyes for protection. Upon disclosure, as his hypnotherapist, I learned that he does this more when stressed or has expectations of doing things like chores, school, dinner, going places etc. I collected data on this, as well as on what things he likes to do, what makes him feel, happy or proud and on the first day we just talked about some ideas.
I told KM that when I was a kid I used to pretend, from a distance, to squish people's heads with my finger and thumb. He thought that was fun and did it to his mom's head. It turns out that the rim of her glasses has the "flying toward his eyes" sensation and this helped.
When asked, he said the corner of my desk was doing it. We imagined throwing rubber on it to soften the corner. We talked about a lot of things and used various visualizations to soften them. These antagonists included the heating vent in the ceiling, pens, pencils, sometimes paper edges, furniture, cutlery, the edge of drinking glasses, all kinds of things in school including letters like the letter "T" on a page that sometimes seems sharp and moving toward his eyes.
KM is wonderfully imaginative and articulate. Even though he is good at schoolwork, he didn't like school because so many things appeared dangerous. He had previously had surgeries to his eyes as an infant and doesn't like hospitals or needles but says he is not afraid.
On our second visit, through his request, we did a hypnotherapy session where he imagined finding a chicken (favourite animal) who was afraid of sharp edges and corners. He imagined performing a surgery on her with knowing just what to do to fix and heal her quickly. That next week KM won four spelling tests in school and his teacher told his mom that she sees big improvement in his work. Mom also noted that she noticed significantly less protective hand gestures from her son, during the week.
In our third appointment, the boy requested to fly an airplane and throw everything into hot lava. The writer did a relaxation induction and a deepener of going into the plane and feeling the vibration of taxiing down the runway. KM was then guided to use a cart to collect all the objects, furniture, fears, visualizations, and feelings of not being safe, and bring them onto the plane. He then flew the plane to look for volcanoes. He found none at the North Pole or at a desert in Africa but then flew near Hawaii and found an island with three Volcanoes. He put the plane on autopilot and tossed out, into hot bubbling lava, all that he does not want in his life anymore.
Afterwards, he said that it was all gone. There was not one sharp edge or corner out of alignment. He played with Lego while I discussed things with his mom, should she see any signs of cupping over the eyes. He has tools to use to make it go away and if necessary, they can come back again.
UPDATE: After 6 months, the boy's mom reports that at times he still struggles with it, though a lot less than before and is able to control it a lot better now. Fortunately, she had the wisdom to bring him in for hypnotherapy, to make his life, easier.

17 Comments to Medical and Dental Hypnotherapy:

Comments RSS
Danald Wilkins on December 22, 2019 10:55 PM
Thanks for sharing such a great article. Google

Teya on January 20, 2020 3:36 PM

efreelancewriting on December 31, 2019 12:02 AM
Today, introduction of internet gaming world has influenced and influenced the whole zone of redirection. It enables the gamers to get distinctive gaming decisions to redirect and draw in himself.

write my essay on January 4, 2020 12:28 AM
Teya Graves, I am glad to see your epic enthusiasm about your patients that's the reason they visit your clinic rather than any other. You always please worried faces and help your patients to enjoy a best and healthy life so thank you for doing so.

Teya on January 20, 2020 3:35 PM

uk best essays review on January 6, 2020 8:34 AM
Dental hypnotherapy? How is that possible? I need to learn more about it.

Teya on January 20, 2020 3:33 PM
Hello UK Best Essays review. Dental hypnotherapy is very common as fears for dental procedures are very common. Helping people lose the fear, helps them to get the work needed. Also, most pain is actually a mind thing. Most pain, is the expectation of pain, so helping the mind to expect comfort and relaxation in the dental chair, reduces pain, naturally.

do my assignment on January 22, 2020 11:39 PM
Thankful such an awesome sum for sharing this glorious information! I am envisioning see more posts by you. I like visiting you site since I always come across interesting articles like this one. Great Job, I greatly appreciate that. Do keep sharing!

write my dissertation on January 25, 2020 1:37 AM

Jared Leto Purp on January 25, 2020 2:20 AM

Rocky Balboa J on January 27, 2020 3:43 AM
Thank you for some other informative website. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such a perfect method? I have a venture that I am simply now running on, and I’ve been at the glance out for such info.

Eye Of Th on January 29, 2020 12:52 AM
Stunning, brilliant site design! To what extent have you been blogging for? you made blogging look simple. The general look of your site is magnificent, and additionally the substance!. Much obliged For Your work.

write an essay for me on January 29, 2020 1:46 AM
The more introduction of tom spanbuer at powell’s books on the event of his book launch for I loved you more. The effective methods on writing tips and generating the effective services.

Buy Eye Of The Tige on January 30, 2020 1:10 AM
I truly appreciate this blog article. Really Cool. There are so many fun and exciting things to do and experience around the world that I thought I'd put together a list of my favourite things to do for all travelers ...

Florida Driving School on January 30, 2020 3:56 AM
The post is really superb. It’s varied accessory information that consists during a basic and necessary method. Thanks for sharing this text. The substance is genuinely composed. This web log is frequently sharing useful actualities. Keep sharing a lot of posts.

Useless Websites on February 5, 2020 2:17 AM
Medical and Dental Hypnotherapy Useless Websites

help of expert on February 11, 2020 11:47 PM
Stunning site! Do you have any accommodating clues for trying essayists? I’m wanting to begin my own site soon yet I’m somewhat lost on everything. Would you prompt beginning with a free stage like or go for a paid alternative? There are such a large number of alternatives out there that I’m totally overpowered .. Any thoughts? Welcome it!